PDA

View Full Version : GOLDFISH for me!!!!!!!!!

Demi ^_^
05-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Yup!! My brother, Billy and his friend Jack were using a large net in our dam, where we have lots of catfish, goldfish and other various fish. Anyways, I was on the comp. looking up rat care, when all of a sudden, he rushes in, yells in my ear "DEMI!!!! We caught that goldfish with the double tail! And it has a BABY!"

I rushed over, and sure enough in a bucket, their was a very large fantail goldfish and a 1" baby!!!! We had put 2 goldfish that were 2 inches at the start of the year, and I guess they were female/male!!!

Then Jack burst my happy bubble by saying "I'm taking it home to go in my tank" Ok, A lil background, Jack is the cruelest person in the world, all his pets die, so obviously I was angry! I said "Erm, stay here Jack, I needa talk to my dad..." I went to dad and he said that because the dam was so low, we wont be able to put them back in their, so I begged him and he said I can keep them!!!!!!!!! WHOOT! I'm making the pond today!!!! Atm they are in the bucket with the bubbler, I feel so cruel, via this, but we don't have anything else atm :-( I'm making the pond in an hour or so, so i hope they can hang tight for now :-)

We are looking if their are other goldfish in the dam too! Yay!

Incredulous_Ed
05-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Congrats on the new goldfish!

Demi ^_^
05-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Thx! I am so excited!! I have been wanting goldfish, and then all of a sudden I have 2! Bros at soccer atm, but when he gets back, we r gonna look for more fish in the dam and rescue a few more :-)

I am thinking of names :-P

ladyoutlaw50
05-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Good luck with your new venture -- let us know how it all goes!!!

MandyL
05-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Congrats! Free fish!

TowBoater
05-24-2008, 01:17 AM
Sounds neat! My grandpa is making a pond and I am going to stock it to my liking also. I think we are gonna start it in a couple weeks out behind his house with and old cattle trough and put land timbers on the outside and my grandma can keep a garden around it and we can keep goldfish and koy inside it.

Fishguy2727
05-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Check out the article on goldfish in my blog. It is not done yet but has tons of very important information in it that should be helpful.

angelcakes
05-24-2008, 08:11 AM
congrats on the goldfish:19:

Demi ^_^
05-25-2008, 02:14 AM
Thx guys! And Thx Fishguy for the info!

The pair are now in a 100L+ pond, its 'temperory' as, my we don't want an accident when my lil sister gets to toddler stage..

I have named the large one 'Dimples' no idea why, I had a dream last nite about how I saved a wild mouse from the road and named it Dimples, so the name came to me ;-) The lil baby is undecided :-)