PDA

View Full Version : monos

vonhinkle
12-07-2005, 02:51 AM
i have one gold one, a friend is planning to give me his sebea mono and i as just curious as to if these fish will get along? or maybe even school with eachother? i know the gold ones do with their kind and same for the sebea's, but will they mix?

William
12-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Well monos are as you know relatively friendly fish and I don't believe you will have any trouble if your aquarium is of sufficient size for two monos.

The only concern that I can se is the fact that the old Mono has lived in the aquarium for some time and might there consider it as his. It can sometimes be hard to introduce new monos in an aquarium, an exception from their otherwise friendly nature. I would therefore keep a close eye on the new fish during the first few days and se if there are any problems. Rearranging the aquarium before letting the new Mono in can help reduce the risk for introduction problems.

/William

vonhinkle
12-07-2005, 09:11 AM
well i was acually planning on getting even more monos, another sebea and another gold, i got a 100 gallon so i figure theres plenty of room for them

vonhinkle
12-07-2005, 09:12 AM
thank you very much for the info also

William
12-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Well in that case try to add all the new fish at the same time.