PDA

View Full Version : Adhd??

wezel815
05-20-2008, 07:13 PM
my clown loach has been losing some of its color. hes fading??
then this morning he was real active. wouldnt stop moving. now its 2 pm and he still is real active.
should i be worried

Wild Turkey
05-20-2008, 07:18 PM
discoloration can mean hes stressed out or sick. What are your water parameters?

angelcakes
05-20-2008, 07:20 PM
discoloration could also mean hes been laying up(sleeping)........if colour has not changed after an hour,try feeding and see if he turns back to his normal colour,if hes still active its good

wezel815
05-20-2008, 07:27 PM
see im a naturalist. uh and i never test my water levels so.... i know ...sorry

Wild Turkey
05-20-2008, 08:06 PM
sorry but naturalism can mean alot of things to alot of people, so im not sure exactly what you mean. However i dont see any reason for you to "refuse" to check your levels if thats what you are implying. If its a money issue take a sample to your lfs and have them test it for you, without water parameters diagnosing whats going on in your tank now, and in the future is gonna be futile.
I strongly suggest testing your water from here out if its at all possible.

angelcakes
05-20-2008, 08:16 PM
sorry but naturalism can mean alot of things to alot of people, so im not sure exactly what you mean. However i dont see any reason for you to "refuse" to check your levels if thats what you are implying. If its a money issue take a sample to your lfs and have them test it for you, without water parameters diagnosing whats going on in your tank now, and in the future is gonna be futile.
I strongly suggest testing your water from here out if its at all possible.
i agree with you there it is important to test water.

wezel815
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
yea i know im a horrible procrastinator. i know i need to test it. i just havent. and i promise everyone i will for the health and well being of the fish.
but is it normal for clown loaches to be hyper or is the abnormal

angelcakes
05-20-2008, 10:04 PM
clown loaches are normally hyper when small but when they get bigger they do lay up more and come out more at night.

gm72
05-20-2008, 11:01 PM
see im a naturalist. uh and i never test my water levels so.... i know ...sorry

I know this was already addressed, but naturalism has zero to do with testing water. In fact, as a naturalist, you should be very dedicated to your fish and concurrently to testing your water parameters.

wezel815
05-21-2008, 02:41 AM
well ive not had but one fish die in a year w/o testing at all and the one that die was killed by another aggressive fish one cichlid killed another but thats another topic