PDA

View Full Version : Something to breed

TurboVtec93
11-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I could breed in my 55gal. I dont care if its SA or CA but I would like something that breeds fairly often. I already breed convicts so I would like something new. I like FMs but heard they dont breed very often at all. Thanks alot in advance.

-Alex

kimmers318
11-24-2006, 04:49 AM
What are FM's? Any of your livebearers breed quite easily all by themselves.

Abbeys_Mom
11-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Kribs are always nice. I just gave away my Nics (they never successfully bred) but they were said to be great parents. It was hard to get a male and female though. Convicts breed easily, but most say TOO easy. Then, like guppies, your overrun.

Fishguy2727
11-24-2006, 01:27 PM
From what I have heard Jack Dempsey's are not as easy as convicts, but still not too hard. They would be fine in a 55 as well. You would have to devote the tank to just them though.

TurboVtec93
11-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, sorry its been a few days since my last posts I have just been really busy. FM is a firemouth. I think it is a toss up between the jack dempsey, firemouth and angels. Out of the three jacks are the only one ive kept in the past (have a 9" jd now) so maybe thats what I should stick with until I can read more on the other two options. Thanks alot for the input everyone.

-Alex