PDA

View Full Version : itty bitty snail

Ellen4God
05-16-2008, 01:37 AM
I just found something on the wall of my tank. Looked like a snail, or a worm, or something...so I fished it out with my net, and I think it's a snail (sad that I don't know, I know...just haven't had any snails). It's very very itty bitty. Its shell is like a little coil sort of. It can't even be like a quarter of a centimeter in diameter.

Are these the snails that people come to despise? I'm not really sure where it came from - however, as I typed that, I thought about a plant I got at a fish store several months ago. Maybe it hitch hiked its way over to my tank - but wouldn't it be bigger if that was the case? Anyhoo - I have it in the net in the tank still. To keep it or not to keep it - that's my question! Any tips?

xoolooxunny
05-16-2008, 01:50 AM
and so it begins . . .

look out for more, a batch may have hatched from one of your plants. if you dont want their population to explode, just be precise with your feedings, and pull them out when you see them. (and yes, they are the ones that people come to despise, but not everybody)

Ellen4God
05-16-2008, 01:57 AM
haha - Well, I just finally let him go back in the tank. I figured he wasn't too happy just chilling out in the net. I'll keep my eyes open for more. He's the first I've spotted so far. I've thought about getting a snail for the tank anyways - we'll see how this goes...

Fishalicious
05-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Sounds like a Ramshorn snail - keep it - I find them really cute & pretty and they do not nearly breed as crazy as other types of snails