PDA

View Full Version : Apisto rupunini

Incredulous_Ed
05-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Any info on these at all? I can get 10 unsexed juvies for like 40$

Fishalicious
05-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Emmm proper name is Apistogramma sp. 'Zweifleck'
Not one of the most colorful apisto's but none the less beautiful - the males can be quite aggressive for an Apisto also with the females if they don't want to spawn so a definite harem apisto so the aggression is spread between the ladies.

The males grow to 3,5"

Don't need super low PH to spawn - PH of 6 is already enough for them to spawn.

This shows the female with the typical black dot on the side and back fin
WSaom378uHw

country_boy454
05-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Here is a little info to read on them.
http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto/0110/msg00193.html

Wow thats about all I can find on them. Someone else called them Apisto Boa Vista. He has to pics of one of them. http://okcaa.org/phpBB2//viewtopic.php?p=30378

Fishalicious
05-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Here is a little info to read on them.
http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto/0110/msg00193.html

Says pretty much the same as I did (phew LOL) I have kept them also... I enjoyed them but cannot stress enough that you need at least 2 females or more for 1 male

Incredulous_Ed
05-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Says pretty much the same as I did (phew LOL) I have kept them also... I enjoyed them but cannot stress enough that you need at least 2 females or more for 1 male
Yeh, If i did bid on these http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwapisto&1210952152
There would be 10 young ones, and I would be able to seperate them if thing sgot ugly. What do you think?

Fishalicious
05-15-2008, 04:33 PM
The dad is beautiful - really nice build but then they are F1's. Being F1's they will probably also not be so colorful but if I had a choice I would always go with F1's.

What attracts you to these Apisto's?

Incredulous_Ed
05-15-2008, 05:39 PM
The dad is beautiful - really nice build but then they are F1's. Being F1's they will probably also not be so colorful but if I had a choice I would always go with F1's.

What attracts you to these Apisto's?
lol the price. I fI ordered from ApistoDave again I would definetly pay for next day shipping, so

35 shipping
11 borellii pair
11 njisenni pair
16 viejita pair

That already over 60, but thats basically the only way I can get them.

If I bought from this guy, I would get 10 juvies for maybe like 20 dollars if no one bids plus 18 shipping. Thats a pretty good price, but Im not so sure about the looks, lol.

But yeah, I think I may end up orderng from apistodave again. I think the problem last time was with the priority shipping. I should have payed for express. Plus now I have an RO filter so the fish wnt have to go through a pH shock.

What if I put a borellii pair in with the female borellii and the two female (i think) nannacara anomalas in the 20 long?

How would a njisenni pair do in a 20 high with a female checkerboard?

Fishalicious
05-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Good luck with Apistodave...hope you get the kind you ordered and they are a bit older this time.

Adding a pair of borelli to the single female is fine - the single female will show some aggression to the new female to establish top female and they should be fine with the nannacara.

Same as Apisto's with checkerboards - they get on fine as they don't look alike.

Incredulous_Ed
05-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Good luck with Apistodave...hope you get the kind you ordered and they are a bit older this time.

Adding a pair of borelli to the single female is fine - the single female will show some aggression to the new female to establish top female and they should be fine with the nannacara.

Same as Apisto's with checkerboards - they get on fine as they don't look alike.
Thanks! COuld I fit a pair of njisenni and viiejita in the 20 high or is it one or the other?

Fishalicious
05-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Unless it is super heavily planted with at least 6-8 little caves I would stick to one of them...

Incredulous_Ed
05-15-2008, 08:04 PM
cool. I dont think its heavily planted enough so Ill stick to one. Now which one is the question...

Fishalicious
05-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Hahahaha well that is a personal choice :11: Have fun picking

Incredulous_Ed
05-16-2008, 03:23 AM
Hahahaha well that is a personal choice :11: Have fun picking
I can imagine myself at 3 am, "WHICH ONE?!?!?!?!"

And im not even kidding

Incredulous_Ed
05-16-2008, 04:07 AM
Ok im having trouble deciding between trifasiata, viejita, nijsseni, and baenschi. I want one that is not shy, and not too aggressive. Which would you reccomend?

Fishalicious
05-16-2008, 06:30 AM
viejita (Macmasteri) would fit your wants... they are defintately not shy and I have yet to see them be as aggressive as the others

Incredulous_Ed
05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks Jess! Does this look like a true Viejita?

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwapisto&1211026385

Fishalicious
05-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Nope a MacMasteri - check my POTM entry this month for the same fish but more colorful - I reckon you could reach these colors as well with proper care.

Body Shape (in wild males, both species of the same size):
A. macmasteri - deeper bodied
A. viejita - more slender

Caudal spot:
A. macmasteri - tall, narrow, oval
A. viejita - shorter, broader, oval to square

Lateral band:
A. macmasteri - broader, usually reduced to spots
A. viejita - narrower, usually zigzag-like

Lips:
A. macmasteri - usually pale and the same color as the snout
A. viejita - usually very dark indigo blue

Incredulous_Ed
05-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks! How big do they get?

Fishalicious
05-16-2008, 06:02 PM
The males will get to around 3.2 inches and the females of course stay smaller - easy eaters and will eat most foods

Incredulous_Ed
05-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Great! Thanks so much Jess!