PDA

View Full Version : What am I dealing with ...

beautifulguppy21
05-15-2008, 04:32 AM
I have no clue what is in my tank, don't even know if I'm in the right forum for it, but I thought I'd start in here, lol.

I just noticed these tiny white specks on the walls of the tanks, definitely alive and inching around. They aren't all the same length; most are really tiny, some are larger, perhaps around a cm in length.

So, what in the hell are they? What do I need to do? It's a fresh water 10G, last I'd checked the parameters they were fine (last week sometime). The fish are all acting fine (3 guppies, one adult platy, 3 baby platies, and a few otos), and they're ignoring the other things.

Drumachine09
05-15-2008, 04:49 AM
Sounds like planaria. They feed off of decaying food and such in your substrate, I'm pretty sure. Try doing a large waterchange accompanied witha gravel vac. I am not sure there is any other way to do it.

cocoa_pleco
05-15-2008, 04:50 AM
are they moving? i had some in my 10g auratus tank, they were like little worms. i have a lone auratus in the tank, and sometimes he doesnt want to eat, so i think food attracts the worms, i fed less and they all went away

beautifulguppy21
05-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Okay, I'll try a large water change and vacuum tomorrow. Thanks for the name, I'll look up more info on them now.

It's so odd, because I'm not feeding much, anyway. I cut back on the amount I was feeding my fish a couple of months ago when I moved them into this tank, because they weren't helping with the algae problem at all. They're only being fed a couple of times, every other day, forcing them to help with the algae. There are some algae chips going in for the otos, but I only do that a couple times a week.

Boo on icky, crawly things. lol Thanks again, guys!