PDA

View Full Version : Managuensa

blarney
05-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Well I got one, I have been waiting for them to show up at the pet store. The one I got is about 1inch long. He's in the tank with 2jack dempseys which are both at least 3inches long. A leperinus which is about 3 inches long and a blue lobster which is about 2inches long. So far he hides for the most part but given the size difference can understand why. He is sneaking out to get his share of the food but am not sure how quickly these guys grow so I don't know if he will get along well in here for the long term.

Demjor19
05-15-2008, 03:55 AM
it really depends on water quality, water temp., and diet...also weather it is male or female. my female is somewhere around 1 year old and maybe 9" now...i got her at 1/2" long. i hope this gives you a ball park figure of growth.

also a male will grow slightly faster and to be quite a bit larger to around 16-18 inches. you should be able to sex the fish at somewhere between 4-6 inches.

blarney
05-16-2008, 03:43 AM
I didn't see this post or I would have responded sooner. The water is very good and I keep a fairly warm tank at around 80deg. Everything else is growing quickly so I pretty much expect this one to grow well also. At least I hope so.

He has done a great job of staying away from the crawfish. He does hide a lot but I expect that's because of the size issue. I need to get a better camera so I can get some good pics.