PDA

View Full Version : angel fish to mix or not to mix?

MiamiCuse
05-14-2008, 05:50 AM
I have one lone angel fish that has done real damages, was aggressive to other fish especially other angels and pecked at fins of other to the point of shredding them.

I have now moved him (I know he is male) to another tank.

Since then I have added two smaller angels to another tank. I don't know what sex they are. So far they have behaved very well and have sort of staked out their own territories. If one angel intrude on the other's space, one would chase off the other but not overly aggressive just to chase off not really pecking at the other. They are doing really well and no trouble at all.

Now I am thinking, should I introduce the trouble angel in the other tank into this tank, I have isolated the meanie angel in the other tank for about a week, and yesterday I put him into the mix and he showed aggression immediately by pecking on his peers. After an hour I put him back to his old tank. I will try again next week.

Is there a way to tell which sex these are?

One picture of the zebra angel and two pictures of the other one my son calls SCARFACE.

fins_n_fur
05-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Safest way to sex angels is observing them whilst spawining...there are some theories on body shape size, but it's not fool proof.

angelcakes
05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
cute angelfish..........:19: :19:

MandyL
05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
No... If you already tried him with them once and he immediately showed aggression, I wouldn't risk it. It's risky combining a larger angel with small ones whether they are known aggressors or not.

Lady Hobbs
05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
You will have to wait for small ones to grow out and then put them all together to get your pairs. The larger dominant one will go after those smaller ones.

If you don't want hundreds of babies with lots of egg laying and aggression all the time, best to keep angels alone with other fish.

MiamiCuse
05-15-2008, 11:45 AM
ok for a day or two they seem to have established their own territories in the tank, if another angel come into that area one will chase the other away.

Now seems the zebra has established domainance despite it being a tad smaller and roams everywhere and if he/she sees the white angel he/she will peck at it. The white angel has retreated to another area.