PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Labs "Lifeguard"

Lady Hobbs
11-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Has anyone tried this product? I bought some today to see if it will help my angel with his HITH. (hole in the head)

This is what is says: "Each dose treats infectious ailments such as fungus, ick, red streaks, milkly or shedding slime, flukes, bacterial gill disease, mouth and fin rot, clamped or torn fins and ulcers."

There's a little floating net you put in the tank then add these tablets in that net. Guess so the fish don't nibble on it. It is very slow to dissolves, not like other Jungle Lab parasite meds and doesn't change color of the water. You treat daily for 5 days without water changes then add the charcoal filter back and a bacteria-enzyme.

It was $10. It would be nice if one product treated it all so we'll see.

Active ingredient=tetramethyl, imidazolidinone and chloro.

Fishguy2727
11-22-2006, 02:56 AM
The only effective medication ingredient I know of that will kill Hexamita (the parasite responsible for HITH) is metronidazole. The only med I know of that contains it is Aquarium Solutions (by Hikari) Metro+.

Lady Hobbs
11-22-2006, 05:33 AM
Must be why HITH wasn't mentioned. sheesh! Somewhere here tonight I posted a picture of exactly what my angelfish's wound looks like but darned if I can find where I posted it. I was just guessing at HITH because I couldn't find what the heck he has. Hopefully it's just a wound and this will heal it.

Found the link. http://www.aquariumfish.net/information/signs_of_stress_and_disease.htm
Look at the picture of this angelfish and tell me if you've ever seen anything like this.

Fishguy2727
11-22-2006, 03:34 PM
I could not find the pic.

Lady Hobbs
11-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Sorry to send you on a hunt and search mission. The pic is right below number 4 on the front page. Just scroll down the page if you would. Thanks again

Fishguy2727
11-22-2006, 06:34 PM
That's a mono, not an angel. That's what through me off. I have seen sores like that. It reminds me of the heater burn on a motoro ray at a LFS recently. Is that what your angel has?

Lady Hobbs
11-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Yes. A sore just like this that I thought was HITH that had just gotten way too bad. When I got home from FL, he had this split on his side right to the meat. I can no longer see the "meat" and he appears to finally be healing but man, it's been 5 weeks of treating this. What upset me this week was seeing two more small pits near this spot so now I just don't know what it is and that's the reason for the Lifeguard I'm trying.

See you were able to get your "referral" I gave you. It wasn't working before.

Fishguy2727
11-22-2006, 10:03 PM
HITH/HLLE only occurs along the lateral line and around the face where there are a lot of the same sensors that make up the lateral line.