PDA

View Full Version : Angel Rams

MiamiCuse
05-10-2008, 09:59 PM
my LFS has some new interesting looking fish in they called angel rams.

They said it's once of the most mild mannered cichlids. Are they good in community tanks? Do they get along with angel fish? How big do they grow?

Incredulous_Ed
05-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Do they look something like this:

http://burnel.club.fr/Horreur/Ram_balloon.jpg

If so, then they are just a blue ram variety. The same info for german blue rams apply to them.

Minderella83
05-11-2008, 02:34 AM
It is beautiful, are they common? If it is a ram variety, then it would be ok in water that is 6.0 pH? I would like to get a couple of them.

Incredulous_Ed
05-11-2008, 02:39 AM
It is beautiful, are they common? If it is a ram variety, then it would be ok in water that is 6.0 pH? I would like to get a couple of them.
Its kind of an unnatural ram variety. Here is the normal body shape:

http://www.cichlids.com/typo3temp/pics/6feca60719.jpg

Alo of rams these days, especially the baloon and angel varieties, are inbred a whole lot of time, and sometimes are juiced up with hormones to make them color up faster. Alot of people have trouble keeping them alive even in the right water conditions. So unless ytou know where the ram came from, I dont reccommend buying it.

If its locally bred, European bred, or wild caught, then you will have a much better chance at keeping them happy and healthy and disease free.

MiamiCuse
05-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Yes looks like the picture except it's more colorful. The top and bottom fins have red/orange colors in them and the body has different colors as well.

Looks more like the second pic then the first pic.

The LFS is not selling them, they had them in a medicated tank and says in a week they will be able to sell them right now there are some "white spots" on their fins. I have no idea where they came from.

Incredulous_Ed
05-11-2008, 02:41 AM
You probably want to be careful; read the above post for info. Ask the employess where they got the rams, and ask if theyve had sucess with them. But take their words with a grain of salt, because many will lie to make a sale.

Minderella83
05-11-2008, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the information.