PDA

View Full Version : Baby Mystery Snails!!!

Angila
05-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I was inspecting my first egg clutch this morning when i noticed it was falling apart all the eggs where sliding down in the water i couldn't beleive it the eggs had turned into shells they where babys going into the water there where a ton of them i can't beleive how fast they turned into snails thought i still had a couple weeks.:19: :hmm3grin2orange:

angelcakes
05-10-2008, 04:00 PM
congrats on your snails................:19:

duce
05-10-2008, 04:02 PM
well done! can u post any pics??????:19:

MandyL
05-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Congrats! How long since they were laid?

jbeining75
05-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Congrats.....

Angila
05-10-2008, 08:30 PM
they where laid the night of 4/29 and got finshed the morning of 4/30. and i am so sorry i didn't get catch them on camera i was more freaking out cause i thought they where all dying lol but this morning i found 2 new clutches that were laid last night sooo i will definently get pics of those hatching lol sncrowe also has about a gazillion clusters in her tank when i was over there the other day i found 3 she didn't even know about lol she was pretty mad at me lol. she has like 6 snails and 8 clutches one of which is huge! hahaha (sorry sarah it's not funny i know):hmm3grin2orange:

Wild Turkey
05-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Congrats!!!!!! Pics! we want pics!:19:

jeffandkittie
05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
i woke up this morning to find a clutch of eggs on the side of my filter and found this post and wanted to share a pic i got of them i don't mind them and was wondering should i just let them go? or should i try to move them to a safer place to hatch? anyway here is the first clutch i have found and i know there are going to be many many more cause my black mystery snail can't get enough lol:hmm3grin2orange: here is the pic i got
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm211/jeffandkittie/PIC_2715.jpg

-jeff and kittie-:19:

Wild Turkey
05-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Yup, those would be eggs. If you lower ur water level some the snails will be less stressed and lay their eggs on the glass, easier to remove and farther from the light, the darker ones are duds. Congrats :)

Angila
05-23-2008, 08:55 PM
it is ok either way u want to do it that clutch looks awesome congrats on the snails u won't mind them at first but trust me i have over 100 baby snails now it's time to go tothe puffer:hmm3grin2orange:

jeffandkittie
05-24-2008, 01:19 AM
i was thinking about that maybe i should get some clown loaches to mop up some of them and move the rest to the newt tank until to big to be eaten oh and i did lower the water level thank you for the tip i got a qustion thow what do you do with a gang of snails if ya don't want them all?
loaches or puffers hu? i did want to start a dwarf puffer tank maybe i can talk kittie into geting them now :hmm3grin2orange: with the free food and all :c1: thanks for the info and stuff
-jeff-

Angila
05-24-2008, 02:50 AM
with a puffer i only have him the glass fish that turned canibal and ate my fish and one mean chinese algea eater. I am pretty sure puffers are an only species tank they are mean and slow lol. but i love him he has learned who i am and when i go to the tank he swims up and observes me as i am observing him lol. Also u could post them on craigs list, Kiji, or give em to your LFS. I am even sending some to someone right here from the good old A.C.:hmm3grin2orange: