PDA

View Full Version : what are the signs of Oscar breeding

shalafi04
05-09-2008, 05:13 AM
my two oscars are acting really weird with eachother. Yantos has taken this very dominate roll nipping at Saber and Saber will swim along side Yantos and than move to be above yantos and than roll onto his side and Yantos will sorta rub on his belly.
Im just curious if this means something. Ive never seen them so lovie with eachother before!

Wild Turkey
05-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Sounds like they are getting ready to spawn to me.

angelcakes
05-09-2008, 01:46 PM
my two oscars are acting really weird with eachother. Yantos has taken this very dominate roll nipping at Saber and Saber will swim along side Yantos and than move to be above yantos and than roll onto his side and Yantos will sorta rub on his belly.
Im just curious if this means something. Ive never seen them so lovie with eachother before!
ive got this problem mine both rub up each other or have a slight lip locking tantrum now and again,when there ready to spawn i think its the breeding tubes you need to look for,ive seen one of mine with breeding tubes but not the other,:14:

Wild Turkey
05-09-2008, 02:12 PM
ive got this problem mine both rub up each other or have a slight lip locking tantrum now and again,when there ready to spawn i think its the breeding tubes you need to look for,ive seen one of mine with breeding tubes but not the other,:14:

They will lip-lock too, but sometimes they will show all the signs, sometimes none. Just keep an eye on them it may be hard to tell exactly whats happening for a while. Make sure they arent just fighting over territorial or anything.

Ocellatus
05-09-2008, 09:40 PM
If they both clean an area, they have paired off and get ready for spawning. if not, they are fighting.