PDA

View Full Version : Tetras and Dwarf Gouramis

sandy_n
05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, I got my 55 with the intention of putting some Emperor tetras
http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_palmeri.php in there maybe along with some dwarf gouramis. But forget that that's all changed. I've decided to move my blood parrots into the 55, leave the bn in the 40 and fix the 40 for the Emperors and Gouramis. I originally thought of putting only the tetras in the 40 but I'm thinking of breaking it up a little with the gouramis. My only concern of course would be if the gouramis would pair off and become aggressive with the tetras. But I bet it'll be the gourami boys that will pick on each other. But, I plan on putting in LOTS of hiding spots. Yeah, they've been in a 12 gallon for 3 days with no problems but that doesn't mean anything. They're still in their honeymoon phase...plus there's tons of hiding spots till I get this set up within the next few days. But, if they shouldn't be together please let me know.
The emperors made themselves at home immediately. Um, they like to play too. I have a 6" bubble wand in there and they would start at the top of the tank(smack in the middle of all the bubbles) and swim as hard as their little bodies could thru those bubbles all the way down to the gravel and then they would let the bubbles shoot them back up to the surface! They entertain themselves quite often by doing this. It's rather comical. :hmm3grin2orange:

angelcakes
05-09-2008, 01:50 PM
you will have to do some pics.............:19:

sandy_n
05-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Unfortunately my camera is broken. But basically I just want to know if there's a problem keeping these two together. The Emperor Tetra and the Dwarf Gourami http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_palmeri.php
I'm thinking if there's any problems it wll be gourami to gourami, lol. But they're all going to be in a 40 with lots of hiding spots. And right now there's only 3 dwarfs and 2 emperors in my 12 gallon. They need to get larger real estate, lol. :hmm3grin2orange:

angelcakes
05-09-2008, 03:30 PM
dwarf gouramis and emperor tetras i think would be ok together in the same tank.

swales
05-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree. I think the dwarf gouramis will only be aggressive towards each other. I keep dwarf gouramis with neons and everything is fairly peaceful.

sandy_n
05-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Great. I thought so...they've been ok in the 12 gallon but I want to get them into a bigger tank ( and get more of them)! :hmm3grin2orange:
Thanks guys

pinsonpa
05-13-2008, 05:46 AM
I hope you get that camera fixed soon drubeeber! (I mean Sandy) lol

sandy_n
05-13-2008, 06:35 AM
No more changing...it's staying sandy :hmm3grin2orange:

angelcakes
05-13-2008, 06:36 AM
No more changing...it's staying sandy :hmm3grin2orange:
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: