PDA

View Full Version : My name is Travis and I'm an alcoholic!

f1oored
11-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Wait thats for the other forum... Anyhow, I'm new to your forum here, I was tired of not being able to see the pictures so I joined. I kept some tropical fish when I was younger (nothing serious) and now my wife and I just got a 72gal bow that we hope to stock with cichlids soon (we are in the middle of cycling currently).

Other than the aquarium stuff, I like motorcycles, hockey, motogp, and many other things. Anyhow, glad to meet you all, this place seems like a good collection of well informed people.

kimmers318
11-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Welcome F1oored! Glad you decided to join....sounds like a nice size tank. Is it tall or long? What type of cichlids are you hoping to stock? And how are you cycling your tank? Nosey ain't I??? :)

Other than the aquarium stuff....I also like motorcycles....not to watch as sport, but to ride. Currently own a Honda Shadow and am a member of the local American Legion Riders Club.

Lady Hobbs
11-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Welcome. Glad you've decided to spend some time with us. This is a nice site with good people and I hope you'll feel comfortable here.

f1oored
11-20-2006, 08:02 AM
The tank is a bow front (18x22x48) and we are planning on keeping malawi, maybe some zebras labs socos ect. We are doing a fishless cycle with pure ammonia and we are just starting to see nitrates. The tank is setup with sandstone and some plastic plants and looks pretty good IMHO. I'll post some pictures later. For filtration we have a rena XP3 and a bio-wheel 200B with an aqua clear powerhead for some extra water movement. You will probably see me asking a load of questions in the cichlid forum in another week or two as we get ready to buy some fish.

Kimmers, it makes me sad that you don't watch motogp. Honda even won this year. An american on a Honda to be exact! Here is what I'm riding now,
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c45/f1oored/1009.jpg

It's a moto-guzzi V11 sport Roso Mandello. Motorcycles are great. So much fun and so so fast.

jeffs99dime
11-20-2006, 08:17 AM
have any pics of your tank?

f1oored
11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Sure.
It doesn't currently look like this exactly. Now it has more rocks and plants. I haven't had a chance to take a new photo yet but I will soon.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c45/f1oored/tank018.jpg

We were originally going to stock it with some silver dollars and angel fish but changed our minds. We decided that the cichlids would need less open water and more caves. I'll post a current picture when I get a chance.

jeffs99dime
11-20-2006, 10:53 AM
that's nice! that's going to look awesome with cichlids in it.--jeff

Lady Hobbs
11-20-2006, 04:18 PM
floored....your tank looks nice. This really is only the Introduction thread where you say hello and say a bit about yourself. Tank discussions and pictures should go in other threads and your motorcycle picture and that topic should go in chatterbox (off topic).

Severus
11-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Welcome to AC