PDA

View Full Version : How to get fish out of my Tank.

freshwaterfishlover
11-19-2006, 11:58 PM
About 3 weeks ago my store gave me the wrong fish. I did not figure it out till I got home. They gave me 4 and I do not know the name. They are gold and very fast(not gold fish) To day I bought the ones I wanted, 4 Giant Diano. I want to either Flush the 4 down the Toliet or give them awy. I was able to get 3 out after a half hour. After trying for over an hour I could not get the last one out.

HELP how can I get it out? All I have is a small net. I have tried putting food in net to trick the fish, but it only picks at the net.

f1oored
11-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Keep at it and you will catch the last one. Instead of flushing them, just take them back to the store. They may not give you your money back but at least the fish will live. (If you flush them they will end up dead in a water treatment plant, not in the ocean like Finding Nemo would have you believe).

Once you do take them back, buy a larger net so it's easier next time.

kimmers318
11-20-2006, 07:16 AM
The easiest way to catch a wary fish is with 2 nets....a large one as a trap, and a small one to lead the unsuspecting prey in the right direction. As you soon learned....putting a net anywhere near a fish causes it to dart as quickly as it can in another direction....if you have a large net waiting, and not moving, the fish can usually pretty quickly be led that direction and then you just scoop the large net to the top of the water. From there it is usually pretty easy to scoop it out of the large with the small one since they don't have anywhere to run. Best of luck to you!