PDA

View Full Version : Gouramis - How often will they spawn?

MandyL
05-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Just what the topic says... My Thick-Lipped Gouramis spawned last night in my community tank... Now I want to set up a breeding tank for them. How soon will they be ready to spawn again? Although in theory, I have 1 male and 2 females, so I suppose the other female could be ready at any time.

Deanbetta
05-18-2008, 02:47 AM
i suggest waiting a few weeks before spawning as the male would need to be reconditioned before putting with your other female, remember that during the time he is taking care of his young the male does not eat.

MandyL
05-18-2008, 03:17 AM
Actually the other female got in the action the very next night and spawned as well. I have just now purchased the 10gal I'll use to breed them and need to cycle it, so hopefully they don't want to spawn again before it's ready. He is building another ornate bubble nest in the community tank so I guess I will find out how often the females are ready to spawn. Once the breeding tank is cycled I will have to decide if I will let him spawn with both females over 2 days, or just choose one female and leave the other one out altogether.