PDA

View Full Version : female jag

digger
05-06-2008, 04:32 AM
as some of you know i added a male jag to my tank to keep my girls company but today i go down to find one of my girls hiding in the floating plants in a corner, she has a few good fin nips and is missing quite a few scales on one side no cuts to her flesh though ,so i moved her upstairs into my 55 gal by herself so she can heal up a bit before i try to find her a new home ,the 55 was meant for the convicts that im getting sometime later this week , the pet store i got my male from said they would take which ever female wasnt chosen by the male but i would rather find someone who will take good care of her she is approx 9 inches long and when she is happy she has a lovely bronze tinge to her with well defined markings so if anyone living in edmonton would like her let me know .

cocoa_pleco
05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
dam, if my 90g wasnt packed id take her

digger
05-07-2008, 01:35 AM
maybe i will find someone soon if you get your 90 up and running let me know

cocoa_pleco
05-07-2008, 02:05 AM
maybe i will find someone soon if you get your 90 up and running let me know

its running, but i dont have room for anymore fish, else id take her

digger
05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
thats ok big als will always take her

digger
05-15-2008, 05:07 PM
just thought i would update , after a few days i put the female that got beat up back in wuth the other two jags its been a few days now they seem to have divided the tank in half ,the one i removed has the left side of the tank the other two are on the right ,the two on the right have decided to make a huge pile of black and white gravel in the middle of the tank it looks totally silly ,they are either building a wall to keep the other female on her side of the tank or more likely they are getting a spot ready to lay some eggs ,ths has been going on for the last couple of days ,i am keeping an eye on them in case the aggression returns ( crossing my fingers it doesnt ) in which case i will have to remove the female again and find her a new home ,so heres hoping that there is no further aggression .

Demjor19
05-15-2008, 07:36 PM
i hope it works out for you...it's never fun when your fish dont get along. keep us updated.

digger
05-16-2008, 02:10 AM
i will keep updating on the soap opera that is my jag tank.

digger
06-04-2008, 03:01 AM
well this is probably the final update ever since i have put the female back in the tank with the other female and male they are getting along great no nipping no aggression of any kind still no breeding happening though thanks for your interest :hmm3grin2orange:

digger
07-28-2008, 10:23 PM
turns out the male the lfs guaranteed was a male is another female grrrrr it makes me so mad especially after what we spent to buy it but all three are getting along fine the odd gill flaring but no further damage to any of them .