PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Angel only aggressive towards other

cccodfish
05-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Zebras? I have 10 Angels (4 zebras,4 Blacks, 2 Dark Zebra types) and they are approaching 5 months old now. I notice one Zebra is aggressive at only other Zebras. He doesn't bother any other fish at this point. I have 5 Red Serpae Tetras, 4 Hatchets as well.

What's up with this?

smaug
05-05-2008, 08:09 PM
How big are these angels?10 in a 50 gal tank is alot.You can count on quite a bit of aggression in the future especially when they start to pair off and breed.It will be a war zone.

fins_n_fur
05-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I have to agree with Smaug...10 angels in a 50 gallon tank is about 6-8 too many. Typically you should count on 15-20 gallons per angel with 20 being best and a tank that's at least 24 inches high. I have 6 in a 120 gallon which is pushing things. Two recently paired and spawned and were aggressive to any larger fish that came close to the nest.

Although I'm not sure why one angel is appearing to pick on another, I'm guessing that it could be the start of a pairing and courtship. Just watch them carefully watch their behaviour and start planning on another large tank. Good luck!

smaug
05-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Just an observation really.I had some zebra/wild type angels in the past as well as other variations.They were always the dominant aggresive ones.

cccodfish
05-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I know there is alot of them. I bought 10 figureing some might die and to get a couple of pairs.
But all lived fine and so did my other starter fish. With that said. I will moniter them and decide on a day to day basis? I might get another temporary tank and finish raising them to see which type I may want to keep.

I hope I can transfer threw this without loseing all the fish..