PDA

View Full Version : **Urgent** I have a friend, who's...

Demi ^_^
05-05-2008, 05:24 AM
K, well I have a friend who has a male betta, I saw the betta 2 days ago, he was lying on the bottom of the tank, not moving at all, only moving slightly with the water (When the container was bumped, the water rippled) I thought he was dead, so the friend tapped the side, still no movement at all from the betta, so the friend stuck his hand in the water and the betta moved slightly...

The friend keeps telling me, the bettas fine, but it looks so sickly, any suggestions whether this betta maybe sick and wat with?

Mvjnz
05-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Does he have a filter and heater? If he doesn't the toxins in the water could be high, or the water is too cold.

Demi ^_^
05-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Well, I hate to say the conditions of the container as their terrible and yeah..

But, to help the betta, he lives in a 1g, no filter, no heater (I *think* around that size) Wen I came over it was dirty, half filled, and had a fake plant in their... The betta VERY rarely recieves W/C's on his tank...

Nick_Pavlovski
05-05-2008, 08:57 AM
1g is too small for this particular Betta, obviously.
No water changes is not good.
No heater can make the fish sluggish.
It needs to be filled, too, simple logic...

Euthanise the fish or give it a new home. Buy it from him?

poppinseab
05-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I would tell your friend the truth and offer to buy the fish from him. i know from experience that poor water conditions can cause cotton wool deisease which kills the fish in 24 hrs and is incredibly painful to watch your beta pass away:-(. If he still wants to keep the fish maybe offer to help him with the matinence.