PDA

View Full Version : Injured BN

wbzorker
05-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Howdy folks,
Attached is a picture of my long fin albino bristlenose. His fin tip was almost completely severed, probably from being at the edge of a decoration when I was cleaning.:ssad: The injured part is swollen and red and just hanging from a thread of skin. The rest of his fin looks ok. Should I treat the tank with anything or just let nature take it's course? There are loaches in the tank as well as other fish and the tank would have to be torn down to capture the bristlenose, so treating him in a hospital tank would be a project. Still, if you folks think he needs meds, I can do it.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

smaug
05-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Wow hes a neat looking one.Sorry he is hurt.As long as none of the other fish are picking at him and your water is clean he should be fine.You can dose the whole tank with melafix without any trouble and that will certainly help.If you can catch him with out wiping out the whole tank he would definitely heal faster in a h-tank.Good luck.

angelcakes
05-04-2008, 08:25 AM
do as smaug says melafix should do the trick........and he is a beauty:19:

sandy_n
05-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Wendy he is awesome. I've never seen one like that. I hope he heals quickly. :luxlove:

Fishalicious
05-04-2008, 09:29 AM
If your water is really clean and you keep up with regular maintenance on the tank maybe adding a small water change extra I would leave it as is...there is no threat of infection if the tank is clean and the fin will heal on it's own.

Lovely fish!

wbzorker
05-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments, and the advice. He is a pretty boy. Attached pics are what he looked like before the accident.

I'm considering ways to raise some money to buy lights for my first planted tank :-) This fellow has 4 brothers in other set-ups. If I decide to trade one for credit at a LFS, what ballpark amount should I ask for one? I've never done the whole fish trade thing so I really don't have any idea what to expect.

Thanks again for your help,

jillybean1852
05-04-2008, 03:56 PM
OMG! He is GORGEOUS!! :1luvu: I LOVE HIM!!!! :1luvu: I have never seen one like this before! I got to get me one of these!!:hmm3grin2orange:

I hope he gets better soon! :11:

angelcakes
05-04-2008, 04:00 PM
the second pic potm material he is lovely:1luvu: