PDA

View Full Version : 100L+ Pond?! XD

Demi ^_^
05-02-2008, 09:09 AM
K, well, atm we have a plastic pond out the back in terrific shape its definately over 100L, Although I dont know the correct amount of volume it can hold :P

Anyways, since with the new baby and hectic scedual lately, we have not been able to drive the 1.5 hour drive away to get me my 2ft (34g) so to keep me occupied during these weeks, I'm thinking of lunging the 100L+ pond up to the house, have it outside on the veranda, have a few floating plantrs in their, and rocks, and keep 2 Black Moor Goldfish, or another goldfish...

Could goldfish withstand an array of temps.? being outside..?

Thx

Mvjnz
05-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah goldfish are excellent pondfish. Just make sure the pond in never in direct sunlight, and on the very hottest days you might have to use a fan or ice cubes to cool it off a bit.

Lady Hobbs
05-02-2008, 09:24 AM
How deep is it? If it's the depth of a kids wading pool, it won't be deep enough and the water will get too warm.

MandyL
05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Time to pull out the measuring tape! That will help greatly for anyone giving advice on it.

MelonMan
05-03-2008, 01:31 AM
its getting closer to winter so heat wont be much of a problem but try comets instead of balck moors. they are hradier and you can see them soooo much better in a pond.

smaug
05-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Even a pond needs to be cycled properly,your not likely to have much success just getting it up and running with fish in it in a few days.A pond should be at least 18 inches with 100gal minimum to have sufficient amount of water to avoid overheating and proper dilution for pond fish.Direct sun is no place for a pond either as at least 75% of the waters surface should be shaded by some sort of floating plant to avoid massive algae problems.Certainly do not stock moors,they are not very tolerant of unsuitable conditions and will develop all kinds of fin an eye trouble.If you can provide all of the above conditions and want a pond for the short term,comets are you best bet but just a few.