PDA

View Full Version : Do bristlenose plecos like caves?

gemini69
04-30-2008, 06:41 PM
I had a clown pleco who has been missing in action for more than 2 months now. I am assuming he went in one of the holes in my fake rock and subsequently died as I have moved everything in the tank and even looked in the rock as best I can with no sign of him. I was thinking about getting a bristlenose pleco but I don't want the same thing to happen. My fake rock has one hole about nickel-sized but another is an odd-shaped hole almost 2" in size (it was made with these holes in it) and I have no idea how to block them or screen them over. I've never seen any of my other fish go in the holes but I don't want to lose another pleco. Any thoughts? Do all plecos like caves and will any variety end up in my fake rock?

jbeining75
04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Provide them with some room to move around and some caves and driftwood. They like to hang on or around driftwood and like dark spots like spots to retreat into and relax during the day....

angelcakes
04-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Provide them with some room to move around and some caves and driftwood. They like to hang on or around driftwood and like dark spots like spots to retreat into and relax during the day....
i think youve just answered.........i totally agree they like there wood and dark spaces

ILuvMyGoldBarb
04-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Yup, they love caves. In fact the like them so much they spawn in them. LOL