PDA

View Full Version : Y no snail eggs

Angila
04-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Ok i am a little frusterated Sarahs snails are haveing eggs like crazy i am excited for her but i am wondering y my snails are not haveing babies i have them in water that is 85 degrees and the water level is just as low as hers and i live next door our climates in our houses are the same. I have 10 of them and i have seen them doing there thing sooo y no eggs?

Wild Turkey
04-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Ok i am a little frusterated Sarahs snails are haveing eggs like crazy i am excited for her but i am wondering y my snails are not haveing babies i have them in water that is 85 degrees and the water level is just as low as hers and i live next door our climates in our houses are the same. I have 10 of them and i have seen them doing there thing sooo y no eggs?

Ur temp may be a little high, what kind of snails? that will come into play.

sncrowe
04-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Ur temp may be a little high, what kind of snails? that will come into play.

my water was that warm if not warmer because she has a bigger tank then mine and 3 nights in a row my snails layed eggs.

Wild Turkey
04-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Like i said, it depends on what kind of snails, still havent gotten an answer yet though

sncrowe
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Like i said, it depends on what kind of snails, still havent gotten an answer yet though

same snails bought from the same place.
MYSTERY SNAILS

Angila
04-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Sarahs right mystery snails... hmmm it's a mystery to me hahaha (sorry korny i know)

Wild Turkey
04-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Yea, 85 is the MAX temp for mystery snails. so lowering some could help. Its also a possiblility theyre all one sex, how many do you have? If you have quite a few then id just be patient. You can also buy a copper just just to be safe, sometimes copper wont actually kill the snails if its a small amount but it will surely not make them want to make you some little snails. Good luck

Angila
04-30-2008, 12:33 PM
The answer is 11 + whatever hatches out of this clutch i love snails i wouldn't mind haveing a 30 gallon swarming with them they are soooo cute!