PDA

View Full Version : Nanaglen....Firemouth question

Lady Hobbs
04-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Have you ever had one firemouth you could not keep due to aggression? I don't know why this one runt I have is so bloody mean. He doesn't even go in a cave day or night. He sits in the middle of the tank just waiting for something to move so he can attack it.

I could understand if his mate had spawned but man, as mean as he is, I hate to see him when she does. I also don't know if I want any of his off-spring! He's very small, too, and appears to be growing no more. He's barely 3 inches! He got left in the dust in the growing department but in his brain, he's Oscar size. I don't like him much!! And now that he killed one of my others, I don't like him at all.

sailor
04-29-2008, 11:57 AM
We have a white male molly who I think is a plant from Bin Laden, always terrorizing the other fish. I have dubbed him the A$$ Hole I finally gave up and keep him in the qt tank, it helps keep it cycled I guess. When the qt tank is required I just put a tank devidor in.

nanaglen2001
05-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Holla

Sorry for my late answer.

But no I never had to remove a Firemouth because of overly agressivenes. But my FMs know each other since they have been fry I guess. They grew up together in my tank.

Even when the two males had some discrepancies it was always more or less big show but no real damage, and even the dither fish are left allone. Even while spawning ist just a nip into the direction of the too brave other fish, just to show the fellow it has come too near.

In my tank its more or less as in a surburban neighbourhood. One neednt to like the neighbour, but more or less tolerates him/her/them.

Lady Hobbs
05-02-2008, 09:43 AM
OK. Thanks. He's a pistol, for sure. I planted some hornwort in their tank yesterday and he went right to it and attacked it. He backs down to no one, for sure. He's not a bit afraid of anything.