PDA

View Full Version : Common Killies???

MelonMan
04-29-2008, 07:54 AM
What are some common types of killies. I like the look of jamies and i already have an order of lampeyes coming through. I was just wondering what would be a good common killie that i could keep in a pair or trio.

jules
05-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Aphyosemion striatum, australe, Fundulopanchax gardneri, amieti, scheeli, walkeri, Nothobranchius rachovii, Austroleboas nigripinnis, Psuedoepiplatys annulatus, Aplocheilus lineatus, panchax,

Speak to the person who orders the fish at your shop, and see what they can get in

jbeining75
05-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Jules hit most of the common ones... Mine were ordered off of AZ gardens. They are a pretty good overnight shipper... I ordered 4 and all made it through transit, acclimation and are still healthy.

cocoa_pleco
05-01-2008, 03:05 AM
golden wonder killies are good, i had a pair in my old 55g planted

MelonMan
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
nice list jules ill have to do a biy of research on each. one of my lfs suppliers is called bayfish just if u wanted to have a look. thanks for the help and ill see wt he can order in for me as he has a few different suppliers

jules
05-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Well all of those are hardy fish that will do well in almost any water if kept in a species tank, and offered some livefoods.

Breeding is also relatively straightforward if you know the techniques to use for each species

Do you have a species tank available? Do you intend to breed them?

MelonMan
05-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Well all of those are hardy fish that will do well in almost any water if kept in a species tank, and offered some livefoods.

Breeding is also relatively straightforward if you know the techniques to use for each species

Do you have a species tank available? Do you intend to breed them?

yeah i have a 7.5 gallon is that enough for them because i heard it is. yeah i may aswell breed them if i have them in a species tank. are they annuals or do they live for a long time. i am getting some lampeyes for my 6gallon and a quite like killifish. here is a link to what i am available to at my lfs but there are about 50 other aqurium places around me so i can see what else i am able to order in. which one out of this list would best suit?
http://www.bayfish.com.au/category18_1.htm