PDA

View Full Version : My 20 Gallon and My Frogs And Neon Tetras.

freshwaterfishlover
11-15-2006, 02:25 PM
A guy from work told me he has a 55 Gallon freshwater tank and asked me what I have..... I told him in my 20 gallon I have 4 frogs and I keep trying to keep Neon Tetras in the tank, but they keep dieing. He says the Frogs are eating the Neon Tetras. It makes sence since I never see their dead bodys in the tank.

My question is, if I make the tank full of plants do you think the Neons could live without being eaten? The only plants I have in it currently is a Large Sword plant and 2 Bundles Of Anacharis plants.

Also For some reason 2 neons have lived in the tank for about a month and a half without being eaten like the rest. I have tried twice to have a school of Tetras, but only two seen just not to be eaten.

Lady Hobbs
11-15-2006, 03:25 PM
They've only lucked out. The more that frog grows, the less change the neons will make it. Not happy hiding forever, I'm sure.

Glasstapper
11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
You may need to get bigger fish. Maybe one or two medium-sized ones that go well with your tank conditions and don't mind your frogs. Also, they won't fit in your frog's mouth. ;)