PDA

View Full Version : cichlid compatibility chart

Lady Hobbs
11-15-2006, 12:16 PM
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/charts/chart1_cichlids.html

This is a chart that I stole from Badmans (thank you Badman) that gives a "general" idea of what cichlids may go together in harmony. These charts are never perfect as it depends on the fish, as you know, but this might be an interesting observation.

kimmers318
11-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Nice chart Hobbs...thanks for the reference. Of course, don't ya know, I ended up with the ram from hell who was anything but peaceful with any fish! I am sure I will try again in the future...but this time will probably go for a smaller ram only tank, start with all young, and purchase all at the same time. I will fishless cycle it hard so it has loads of bacteria to start or take the hour trip to get the biospira to make sure I can stay on top. One of the trends I have noticed about my fish is that the young ones have been much more adaptable then the older ones I have purchased.

Lady Hobbs
11-19-2006, 04:28 AM
That was a recent read on cichlids. Toss them all in the tank at once before any get a chance to chose a territory.

purge0991
09-16-2008, 08:10 PM
thanks for the chart ive got a bunch of fish that might have been harder to mix when older but i mixed really young there all still small i have 2 oscars, 2 gouramis, 1 green severum, 1 channel catfish, 1 pleco, 1 pacu, 2 silver dollars, now ive read that most of them would do good but i read the gourami and the oscar possibly not so much and the oscar, severum, and gouramis are all 3 cichlids and and all cichlids can be unpredictable so theres always that possiblaty but all of them are good sept my stupid channel chases my pacu, and small silver dollar

troy
09-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Old thread!

wsteene
05-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the compatibility chart, it is very usefull and makes life a bit easier when buying your fish. Great site with very usefull info.thumbs2: