PDA

View Full Version : compatibility

jimpierce
04-26-2008, 03:26 AM
What types of fish would you say are compatable in the tank with an Orchid Dottyback? If I get a Diamondback Goby again he goes in the sump where he can sift sand all he wants with no issues!!!

cocoa_pleco
04-26-2008, 03:28 AM
dottyback will stake out their territory, so youre going to need a fish that can hold its own territory and get away

jimpierce
04-26-2008, 03:49 AM
that is what I have read so far too. All I have seen say they pretty much cover their own hiding place and leave well enough alone after that.......

and as I am typing this it dawns on me that I had just had to re-scape my tank before I brought home the goby!!! Crap. The dottyback may not have even staked is claim yet maybe? Even though he avoids the other fish as soon as they stand up to him at all. My lawnmower blenny has an ornery streak and likes to goose the DB out of his hole now and again. But that is settling down now too.

spudbuds
04-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Yeah, the dottyback probably should have been one of the last fish. One thing you can try is to put him in the sump for a week or two after adding the new fish. Then when you put the dottyback back in the display, he's the new guy.