PDA

View Full Version : will somebody please take a look

Angila
04-24-2008, 02:39 PM
If u go to this web page u should see a picture of my gsp this is after 2 shrimp is this normal does it mean he is full?
http://www.axcessmypics.com/Angila/fish/jsps/albumdetail?foneblog=1209047815824

Sasquatch
04-24-2008, 03:06 PM
I don't know much about puffers, but yeah, I'd say he's full. Next time, maybe 1 shrimp would be better.

Keep an eye on him to make sure he isn't constipated. It can happen when fish eat too much at once.

siymdapolio
04-24-2008, 03:39 PM
yes make sure the puffer fish is not constipated and if it stays like that try to see if it will eat skinned peas...(which is very hard puffers like live food)

Also I recommend that you feed the pufferfish snails... It is a natural part of their diet and keeps their beek trimmed... If you dont feed them snails twice a week the beak will over grow and eventually restrict the pufferfish from eating.( i know this applies to figure 8 puffers) ussualy pest snails that come with plants will be suffecient and dont feed it trumpet snails(to hard for the fish)

Angila
04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
I didn't know that about the trumpet snails do u think if i broke them it would be ok.... It's really hard for me to find the round pest snails here i dunno y but i have a tone of trumpets but that would explain y he didn't eat them

siymdapolio
04-24-2008, 11:09 PM
there you go angila!!:19: Glad you got that figured out... I donno if you have a lfs but you could ask them what type of snails are in there planted tanks and also you can ask for a couple they wont mind giving them to you...

Wild Turkey
04-24-2008, 11:27 PM
there you go angila!!:19: Glad you got that figured out... I donno if you have a lfs but you could ask them what type of snails are in there planted tanks and also you can ask for a couple they wont mind giving them to you...

Exactly. Half the time people accidently introduce them into their tanks and if they dont have fish that will eat them it can be really annoying to remove them if they multiply before they are noticed. I bought a mystery snail once and had the guy remove one of th pest snails which was attempting to hitch a ride of the mystery snails back.

Angila
04-24-2008, 11:39 PM
How big are the snails when they reproduce i know ocasianally i can get round pest snails but they are this big . And the lady doesn't so much like digging them outta of the tank i wouldn't mind paying $1 per dozen I can go to wichita but it is such a boring drive and gas is expensive! And i have to go on days when they get there shipments and that is if i get there before anyone else and i don't get lost lol

siymdapolio
04-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Dang that snail turkey!!!

Angila i would advice you to get him the snails asap but i totally am hurting in gas prices too :"( .... You could set up a small 5 gal tank full of snails and let them go crazy but you would have tons..

Good luck to yea!

Wild Turkey
04-25-2008, 02:57 AM
Dang that snail turkey!!!

Lol yea they get sneaky like that.

Im not totally sure about the size of alot of snails when they are able to reproduce, but if you want alot of snails real fast, the round pest snails u were talking about are the best route, like siym said, just put them in a seperate tank and let them go nuts.