PDA

View Full Version : feeding a baby fish ?

melbfish20
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I have just found a baby fish in my 30 gallon tank.In the tank I have 2 electric yellows, and 2 small blue(sky blue) cihclids.The baby fish is defiantly from the blue cichlids.

the baby fish is so small, can it be fed ? what I am suppose to because the food I use, which is for small fish is actually bigger than the baby fish.

Incredulous_Ed
04-23-2008, 04:03 PM
How exactly small is it? You can buy fry foods at the pet store, but they can be difficult to feed n small tanks. Or, hatch some baby brine shrinp and feed it to him.

Angila
04-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Smash up flakes powder fine and feed them to them. Congrats on the babies:19:

angelcakes
04-23-2008, 04:46 PM
congrats on the baby:19:

GreenTerrorNYC
04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
In the past i purchased a guppy breeder trap to isolate the fry until they are large enough to swim on their own and not get eaten.

I would scoop out the baby and attach one of these to tank, basically sits on the inside and isolates the fry from the others that will eat him. This will ensure he grows up safe.

Something like this.
http://www.bigalsonline.com/StoreCatalog/ctl3684/cp18269/si1382107/cl1/lees_two_way_guppy_breeder?&query=fry+tank&queryType=0&offset=

You could use crushed up flakes, cry food, or baby brine shrip to feed them.

Good luck,

Let us know how it works out

Halelorf
04-23-2008, 06:10 PM
When I found my baby goldfish in my tank filter I put him in a guppy breeder and fed crushed pellets, flakes, etc. until it was large enough to eat whole small pellets and then I moved it into a plastic small animal cage (LFS sold it for bettas for something like $10-$15) that has vents in the top and sits at the bottom of the tank.