PDA

View Full Version : new angel fish odd position

MiamiCuse
04-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Last week one of my angels got tangled up in my plants and got suffocated.

Over the weekend I brought a new one.

Strange behavior. This new angel fish does not interact with the other angels, and the other angels did not harass it at all. It just swam to one spot, stayed there, and does not even move.

It stays in a near "vertical" position - tail down, mouth up, I don't know why. It stays like this for hours and hours.

When it's time to feed, he/she might take a few bites when food passes by, will not come to the surface to be fed like the other angels.

Ever seen an angel hang in a vertical position like this?

mitcore
04-22-2008, 10:59 PM
nope, never
and i breed them all my angels will swim on there side at night LOL not all the way but durning the day i have never seen this

what are your water stats?
eg nitrite, nitrate and ammonia, ph and water hardness

i am wondering if there is something wrong with the water quailty

cheers

Algenco
04-22-2008, 11:18 PM
I saw them do that when approached by the dominant male, seems to be a submissive posture. Never noticed one stay in the position very long.

Lady Hobbs
04-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Mine would do that as well as look up to take the non-aggressive stance. And my Firemouths look down or stick their face in the corner. :)

siymdapolio
04-22-2008, 11:58 PM
my female angel displays itsself for the male :)) and floats on the side somewhat! Awesome to watch!:19: :19: :19:

MiamiCuse
04-23-2008, 05:08 AM
The position is near vertical, look up and tail is down, no movement, stays like this for hours.

Water test:
ammonia 0 ppm
nitrite 0.25 ppm
nitrate 1 ppm

mitcore
04-23-2008, 06:33 AM
is your tank fully cycled?
and i would suggest a water change to get rid of the nitrite level