PDA

View Full Version : he disappeared

jimpierce
04-22-2008, 04:52 AM
three days ago I brought home a diamond back goby sand sifter. I think they are the coolest. Always moving around piles of sand. He has disappeared. We have not seen hide nor hair of the guy since. He went in the tank and right away started doing his thing digging a tunnel and such which the Dottyback decided he liked. The Goby was out in the open for a bit and when I came back an hour or so later there was no sign of him. Three days later and still nothing. He didn't jump out either. What the heck?

cocoa_pleco
04-22-2008, 04:59 AM
he might just be hiding, i rarely see my clown goby, he peeks his head out 4-5 times a month when i throw in food but other than that i never see him

Angila
04-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Maybe he is burried in the sand i don't know if u can dig around a little but i would try if i were u. Good luck i hope u find him :)

karbomb
04-22-2008, 05:05 AM
gobys can be very shy give it a week or two maybe you will see him.

unleashed
04-22-2008, 05:34 AM
He should be fine.

When i put my blackcap basslet in, he hid for over 6 weeks. Never saw him at first. After about two weeks he would come out when no-one was in the room, then dart back into the rocks when someone walked in. now he is out and about all the time.

jimpierce
04-22-2008, 02:21 PM
whew. Thanks folks!!! I've been hoping he is just hiding.

dgoulston
04-22-2008, 02:45 PM
i purchased a yellow watchman goby the other week, and he was hardly ever out, lived at the back of the tank all the time, but now he comes to the front quite a bit more. and even chases off my clowns if they get too close.. amazing fish!!

Halelorf
04-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Yea my green clown goby hid in that back of the tank for the first week. Then started coming out at night and in the day if no one was in the room. Now it has taken up territory in one of the liverock right under my colt coral and sits in the shade of the coral :D.