PDA

View Full Version : 1 loach is darker

chikistar
04-20-2008, 03:02 AM
hey i dont know why but 1 of my loaches(i have 2 ) is darker and has a less vivid color for some reason, its the shy one that i was mentioning in earlier posts , is he under stress or what? its been a week since i got them , one of them is active but the other one is much less active i could say, my water parameters are on spot so i have no clue whats wrong with him, also my cories are doing awesome they are super active

angelcakes
04-20-2008, 08:56 AM
all i can say is keep an eye on him,clown loaches do change colour there colouring should be black stripes and dark orange,when clowns sleep,lay up or yes get stressed there colouring lightens, is youre fish lightening then darkening after say half an hour? if this is he case then hes ok by my experience,try tycing him out with frozen bloodworm not dried as frozen bloodworm still has a stronger smell and he will smell it better than dried and watch to see if he eats if he dont eat come back to this post............also try and attach a picture this could help more.

Arkie
04-20-2008, 09:02 AM
my clowns change colour alot too. some days they will bed dark then others they will be dull, its just their moods but as the other member has said just keep an eye on it and keep us updated

Lady Hobbs
04-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Same with mine. Not too often stressed but I've seen it after tank cleaning or moving them.

(thread moved to loach section)

chikistar
04-21-2008, 01:08 PM
i dont know guys because 1 of them is really bright and i GET to see him swiming around in the tank but the other one almost throughout all of the day when i look at the tank in hope of seeing him i dont and i see him in his usual place under the heater laying down or just sitting there, i have no clue why hes doing that, the other one is by FAR more active, he goes to sleep under the heater where the non active one is aswell but i guess thats because he might be his friend and he goes to sleep near him, i dont know but i think if the NON active loach was more active and playful maybe the 2 were more happy together? its like the non active one is bringing the active one's mood down by sleeping all day, in the morning i get to get a small watch of them swiming together and i get happy of course, then i go eat something i come back, the active one might be active still but the other one is under the heater.. i dont have frozen blood worms but i do have frozen brine shrimp i didnt feed yet becasue i dont have fish yet, only bottom dwellers.

angelcakes
04-21-2008, 02:57 PM
this is just an idea........have you a big enough tank for 2 more because they do like to be in groups

chikistar
04-22-2008, 01:03 AM
no my tank is small indeed so i think thats a no, but either way, i might give up on keeping clown loaches because the darker one i was talking about just died, the active one is still active, should i get him a friend? could it be that i bought a sick loach to begin with?

angelcakes
04-22-2008, 07:06 AM
sorry for your loss..........:ssad: but the sounds of it you may have brought a sick loach,if you decide to get another loach as a companion for your other loach then make sure you get an active loach with black stripes and dark orange colouring,and make sure its active in the lfs store,if you dont decide on getting another clown loach i wish you luck in your next purchase.

chikistar
04-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Thank you very much mate, and i do belive i bought a sick loach which makes me really sad, i noticed when i first went to buy the loaches that there was 1 that was active out of all the 3 that they had there, and let me tell u 1 of the 3 was so dark it's color looked black totaly, so yea, i of course took the very active one as my frist pick and the other one aswell so that he has a companion, the second pick(the loach that just died on me) wasnt very active but my head was telling me that its not right to buy just 1 because he might be lonely so yea i went ahead and got it. anyway it ended up not being active at all in my tank either. im gonna go to my LFS he said he will be getting a clown loach shipment on friday so im gonna go ahead and buy 1 new active clown loach. i have a question, the clown loach that i currently have, the active one which is still active btw, he will get lonely without another clown loach right?

Thanks again.

angelcakes
04-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Thank you very much mate, and i do belive i bought a sick loach which makes me really sad, i noticed when i first went to buy the loaches that there was 1 that was active out of all the 3 that they had there, and let me tell u 1 of the 3 was so dark it's color looked black totaly, so yea, i of course took the very active one as my frist pick and the other one aswell so that he has a companion, the second pick(the loach that just died on me) wasnt very active but my head was telling me that its not right to buy just 1 because he might be lonely so yea i went ahead and got it. anyway it ended up not being active at all in my tank either. im gonna go to my LFS he said he will be getting a clown loach shipment on friday so im gonna go ahead and buy 1 new active clown loach. i have a question, the clown loach that i currently have, the active one which is still active btw, he will get lonely without another clown loach right?

Thanks again.
glad you made a desicion to get another one:19: your other clown loach would be ok on its own,but its only recommended that they have a bit of company,so remember when you go to your lfs make sure you get the dark black stripes and dark orange and hes lively.....always remember when there young they are more lively........its when they get bigger they seem to get more lazy.glad to have helped you:19:

Lady Hobbs
04-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Don't get another one if a 10 gallon tank is all you have. They do like several of their own but your tank is too small for them.

chikistar
04-24-2008, 04:08 AM
im not , i returnd the active loach to my LFS, im done with loaches for now.