PDA

View Full Version : forum for plants free or cheap from other hobbiest

Augus
04-15-2008, 11:50 PM
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/

This is the forum I found a lot of free plants or cheap plants to get from other hobbiest.
I have been getting free plants from this forum and have 2 more shipments comming to my house this week. Can't take any more :hmm3grin2orange:

ILuvMyGoldBarb
04-15-2008, 11:52 PM
I used to post there. People are not going to give away freebies for long.

PUNISHER VETTE
04-16-2008, 01:02 AM
you paid shipping right?

hpt84
04-16-2008, 12:16 PM
you paid shipping right? Most of the time you will have to pay shipping. I saw one where the person who made the ROAK did free shipping. Also, there were some where if you were a supporting member you get free shipping. I wonder how come we dont get a lot of business in our classified section.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
04-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Welll, if you think about it, the planted tank is a specialized forum and the things in their swap-n'-shop section are plants, something that everyone there is interested in. Here we are a very general forum so not everyone needs what is being offered. For example, I listed a MaxiJet Powerhead Mod kit. That would be great for someone with a reef tank full of SPS corals or someone with a very large tank. There's only one person here that is going to have SPS corals in there tank.

Lady Hobbs
04-16-2008, 04:41 PM
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/

This is the forum I found a lot of free plants or cheap plants to get from other hobbiest.
I have been getting free plants from this forum and have 2 more shipments comming to my house this week. Can't take any more :hmm3grin2orange:

I like AquaBid, too, but you also have to pay shipping on every plant you get there unless you order several kinds from one seller. I still like my guy on Ebay. I can get $100 worth of plants from him and my shipping would still be less than $10. (He charges only 50 cents shipping on additonal orders.) It's kind of nice to get all your plants at once, too, so you can get 'r dun.

He doesn't carry everything tho but generally he has a good selection.

Augus
04-16-2008, 04:52 PM
you paid shipping right?

You pay $5 or $6 for priority shipping. That way plants get to your door within 3 days so plants arrive in good condition.