PDA

View Full Version : Is this an addiction?

crackatinny
11-10-2006, 10:47 AM
A couple of months ago We where fish free, then my nephew went on holidays and asked us to feed his dog's, bird and fish, well in that time his convicts had babies, I said to the wife, as payment he can give us a couple of them babies, knowing how convicts breed he just laughed and said, OK, but it is an addiction, I said yer right.

So here we are a couple of months later, the 5 convict babys still in a 20 ltr tank, a whole new batch in a 60 ltr tank, a 120ltr tank cycling, and arranging a 500+ltr tank, in the next week all fish will get upgraded into the new tanks, like a motel I guess, getting better room's LOL.

So is it an addiction, and if so, let us know how you became addicted.

jeffs99dime
11-10-2006, 10:59 AM
i was addicted at a very young age. my brother and i were were always exposed to nature and the outdoors by my parents and other family members. and when i first went to the petstore i was hooked. used to have multiple tanks. this was put on hold because i went into the marine corps for 6 years. but, now i'm back and i can do it again!thumbs2:
AND YES TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. IT IS VERY ADDICTING. HI, MY NAME'S JEFF AND I'M A FISHAHOLIC! ( FA MEETING)

crackatinny
11-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Like that one Jeff, maybe you oughta start a new thread with that one LMAO.

Also let me congratulate you on your Marine Corp involvment, over here we call all our ex military blokes Diggers, and my hat off to you all.

Not to get on the wrong side of a marine, but I would like to see our leaders spend a month in you blokes shoes.

Please don't turn this into a political argument anyone, we are all here for the one reason, the addiction to fish.

But Jeff you deserve a pat on the back

jeffs99dime
11-10-2006, 01:34 PM
thank you. i would also like to see our leaders try out the military. they wouldn't last a day.

kimmers318
11-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Our fish addiction started with a small 5 gal my daughter purchased with her Christmas $. Then a friend of mine whose father had just been diagnosed with terminal cancer told me that he had some large tanks from breeding angel fish that they needed to sell. After talking it over, hubby and I decided to get them. He had had oscars in the past and wanted them again.....I just love fish but had never really been happy with the small tanks the kids usually ended up with. Things have just ballooned from there with a total of 8 tanks currently, plus a tank housing a frog the kids brought home from camp.

William
11-10-2006, 06:48 PM
It is def an addiction. And your tanks will continue to become bigger and bigger ;-)

Glasstapper
11-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Someone gave me a 45 gallon tank a few months ago, and I had originally planned on just keeping one gigantic school of neons, but I didn't know anything on how to care for fish, so I started doing my online research. Boy, was I in for a treat! I discovered a whole world of fish that I had not known existed. I quickly changed my mind about the neons (oh, no worries, I will have my huge school another day). So I set up the tank and fretted over all my 'babies'.

3 days ago, I bought a 5 gallon and I am preparing it for a betta and a couple corys.

In the near future, a friend from work is giving me her mother's 20-something gallon. I'm not sure what to do with that one yet because there are just so many options.

I have no doubt that in the next few years, I'll probably have a total of 4 or 5 tanks, if not more. I love this hobby!