PDA

View Full Version : Fin Rot? Help Please

Jakaris
11-10-2006, 03:55 AM
I just got this Angel a week ago, along with another, and it looks like hes developing fin rot. I have a poor camera, so you might not be able to see it clearly, but it doesn't look tattered or anything, but white and maybe more... porous.... Anyways, if anyone has any ideas on how I can treat this (the faster, the better), please speak up. And I cleaned the filter/did a 50% water change today, hopefully that will help. None of the other fish even show slight signs of fin rot, but I guess its possible.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/Jakaris/untitled-1.jpg

Fishguy2727
11-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Can't tell anything from pic. If it looks like fin rot I would move it to a hospital tank if possible. Treat with slightly raised temperatures (about 82 if not already that warm), no carbon in filters, add a med for fin rot (I believe Maracyn and Maracyn 2 as well as others by Mardel all treat fin rot), as well as Melafix and Pimafix. Keep water quality up with overfiltation and big water changes (both should be normal practice, not just disease treatment). Also make sure there are not other issues like nitrates, pH, hardness, aggression (just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening).

kimmers318
11-10-2006, 05:15 AM
May I suggest starting with melafix/pimafix combo first and some stress coat. All 3 are natural and won't cause any harm to your biological filter. The stress coat will help the fish fight off the disease naturally, and I have had good luck using it on damaged fish along with the melafix/pimafix combo. You should see improvement within a day or 2.