PDA

View Full Version : Why are Curvicep cichlids not more popular ?

Zincubus
04-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Just bought a beautiful pair of Curviceps cichlids and can't understand why they are not extremely popular .

They are dwarf cichlids and as such VERY attractive and interesting to watch.

They are so peaceful and gentle much calmer than my Rams or even Borelli cichlids.

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_curviceps.php

PS They are kept in my community tank.
Any thoughts ??.

siymdapolio
04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
These guys are semi-agressive so make sure you dont have any peacefull guys in there i guess...

Keyhole cichlids are the most peacefull of them all.

Fishalicious
04-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I think they are quite popular...

They are slightly more larger than other dwarfs (apisto's , Rams) and can be more aggressive than Rams... if kept in a community tank it is better to go larger than smaller to give the other fish a chance if and when they breed.

I think because they are in that inbetween middle size more people with smaller tanks go for the smaller dwarfs and people with larger tanks rather go with the big boys

Goshawk
04-14-2008, 11:15 PM
There one of the most cute cichlids if ever seen. I don't know why they arn't very popular. But I have noticed that I've seen more poping around in shops then before.

Incredulous_Ed
04-15-2008, 01:51 AM
They look good! I have no idea why they arent popular. Politics, maybe?

Zincubus
04-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Well they certainly seem very calm even moe so than my Rams and keyholes .

They spend a lot of time together and I understand that they stay with the same partner for life !!

fins_n_fur
04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice looking fish! Hmmm, I will put them on my possible inhabitant list for tank 2 which I'm scheming.