PDA

View Full Version : white cloud mountain minnow??????

OscarFan
04-14-2008, 03:45 AM
I saw a thread on the white cloud mountain minnow and it got me thinking if I could get some of those for the stream on my pond.... And move them into a 20 gallon for the cold months..

siymdapolio
04-14-2008, 04:38 AM
It would work oscarfan they like coldwater they come from streams in asia. I would really advice to take them in before it got to cold though... I would send them to you lol my dont deserve to sit in my tropical tank... it is staying around 79-80 so they can tolerate it but i think they would rather have it colder

hamsterman
06-03-2008, 05:22 AM
Just some info: I put some white clouds into my pond, and they managed to survive the winter (i live in NY).

Dave66
06-03-2008, 06:55 AM
It would work oscarfan they like coldwater they come from streams in asia. I would really advice to take them in before it got to cold though... I would send them to you lol my dont deserve to sit in my tropical tank... it is staying around 79-80 so they can tolerate it but i think they would rather have it colder

They DID come from Asia. The fish is extinct in nature.

Dave

cocoa_pleco
06-03-2008, 02:09 PM
old thread

graceluvsplatys
06-10-2008, 03:57 AM
umm... well, how are ya gonna catch a bunch of minnows in a pond! I can barely catch fish in a tank!
good luck! maybe get some plants to keep them warmer?