PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about my rubberlip

LosC
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
I had em in a 20g for a bit and I never seen him during the day, a couple days ago I moved him into my 30g and I set it up so I could see him more but I still gave him caves n driftwood. He always stayed in the dark until today he came out in the light going from rock to rock and onto the sand, almost as if he's looking for food. I'm concerned cause he never eats what I feed him. At night I would drop algae wafers till I started watching at night and I noticed he doesn't eat them, my corys do. I think he's starving but I can't get em to come to the food or pay attention to it.

Tooch
04-14-2008, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. Like most Pleco's, they do most of their eating at night. If you're leaving your tank lights on during the day, with as small as he is, he's probably getting enough natural alge off the glass to be happy. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I notice my rubberlip will also eat shrimp pellets and NLS I drop in for the other fish. maybe try something like that as well, about an hour after you turn the lights off

LosC
04-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Thanks Tooch, I never owned a Pleco before so I'd rather be concerned and play it safe than not be and possibly lose a life.