PDA

View Full Version : Well hello there...

Slinky_Bass
11-09-2006, 03:02 PM
this is the obligatory intro post. I've been fishkeeping for almost 10 years now
and I've currently upgraded my fishes home to a 70 gallon mansion (compared to the dinky tank they were in). I've got an Amazonian setup with Angels, bronze corydoras and a veritable underwater jungle of plants.

Got a couple of things I'd like to ask about, my Angels are not being very angelic at the moment and the recent change has upset their regular territories. My one Angel (who used to be the boss of the tank) is really not being himself and is withdrawn and not eating well, he is also letting himself be bullied by the Angel who used to be the most timid of the lot!

I'm doing my best to make sure he eats and I try to tempt him with all sorts of different food to get his interest but he's just not doing well. Should I maybe introduce a new little group of fish to try and change the dynamic in the tank? Bear in mind that my Angels (4 of them) are adults now (3yrs), big and used to being on their own and in charge of the tank.

Lady Hobbs
11-09-2006, 04:16 PM
He may have not made his "space" yet and not used to his move. May be in shock over having so much room. :) I have two angels and just can't keep them together. Both males apparently and do not get along at all. One gets alone fine with everything in the tank and one will hardly share his space with anything but platies. I refuse to buy more incase I get another male.

jeffs99dime
11-09-2006, 11:03 PM
how ya doin'? welcome

Severus
11-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Welcome to AC. How long have they been in the 70?

Slinky_Bass
11-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Bleh, I've had the same trouble with my angels, I had 6, which turned out to be two females and four males, the one female died when she was one and then the four males really became impossible. I managed to get a friend of mine to adopt the most timid male so now I have three. Four angels rattling around in my new tank is a bit sparse but, like you I'm to scared to get more incase they're males!

Slinky_Bass
11-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Welcome to AC. How long have they been in the 70?
Thanks for the howdys & welcomes btw :D They've been in the 70 for a month now. So folks any ideas as to what kind of fish might fit in to my angel dominated tank? I wanted to get a nice little bunch of black widow tetras (going for the Amazonian thing it seems logical) but they seem quite small and dumb compared to my Angels, if I make the shoal big enough will they leave them alone?