PDA

View Full Version : BNs eating

Ghostknife
04-13-2008, 11:53 AM
I did not know this, but I was in the store today, as I find I am every weekend now, & was told, by the very chirpy assistant that BNs get no nutritional value from cucumber. I fed them Zucchini today, & they loved it. For the first time, all 4 were fighting to get on it!

Excellent advise!!

angelcakes
04-13-2008, 12:02 PM
thats good to hear....so they enjoyed? lol

LosC
04-13-2008, 05:18 PM
I've tried putting in cucumer for my rubberlip Pleco at night but it goes untouched. I will try zucchini tonight. Here's a question I have; Do BN's, rubberlips and other small species of Pleco's greatly differ from each other? In terms of feeding habits, customs, character, etc?

doug z
04-13-2008, 05:45 PM
No nutritional value?

From iceburg lettuce, maybe..

But cucumbers, although they are 96% water, are a decent source of fiber and protein..

Zuchini is good too, as is spinach..

Any veggies, actually (though of course like us, there will be veggies they don't like)..

If it's good for us, it's good for them..

Do BN's, rubberlips and other small species of Pleco's greatly differ from each other? In terms of feeding habits, customs, character, etc?

The short answer is no..

They are all herbivores, they are all nocturnal, they all enjoy their own little caves, they all do get a bit territorial sometimes with males of the same species..