PDA

View Full Version : tough little guys...

Cichlid*Newbie
04-13-2008, 03:51 AM
I have to give my cichlids props haha for surviving my poor cycling...although i don't know if its through...i think the zebras gills are a bit red but ive been doing water changes everyday...and with each water change the ammonia is dropping...i think its almost .5 now...

Its been about 2 weeks since i had the fish in the tank now...how long is the cycle going to last for?

I dont think the fish are in danger, i haven''t noticed any other signs that would indicate they are sick...they more active then ever and seem to all be getting along fine...

cocoa_pleco
04-13-2008, 04:12 AM
red zebras can take some punishment, glad they took the cycle!

cycle times vary alot but once you get a nitrate spike your cycle is done

Cichlid*Newbie
04-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Hey Cocoa...

I did a water change tonight and i think the temp was a bit warmer...would this make the fish really active? Or is that a sign somethings wrong..the zebras are chasing each other in circles lol...and my tank bully is swimming all over...diff than usual....i turned the heater down to let the water cool a bit..ill check it a little later..im thinking 82 is too high..eek...the water doesn't feel really warm though..maybe my thermometer is messed? argh..

cocoa_pleco
04-13-2008, 05:06 AM
the water feels warm, my 90g is at 82f and when i stick my hand in it feels way warmer.

82f is fine, higher temps will make them more active, but the chasing is normal, cichlids often chase eachother and fly around

Cichlid*Newbie
04-13-2008, 05:10 AM
Oh okay...well ill adjust the heater where i had it previously then...at about 24/25...they seemed to like that...