PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help...

cybersymes
10-31-2005, 12:14 PM
high there...i am brand new to this...and could really do with some spot-on advice... i have inherited a pleco[3.5inch] and two zebra loaches [2inch] and a krappy tank...

i want to get a new tank for them and get them some chums...now the biggest i can fit in the space i've got is 96L ... i was hoping to get 5 clown loaches and a small shoal of some other dudes to entice the clowns out to play...

Q1 ... WILL 96L do as a start...i will be able to increase the size in a few years...

Q2 ... will neons do as company ... i was hoping to get 9 of them...or would the clowns have a munch on them...

or would tiger barbs suit...or are they too tail-nippy...[or is 96L too small for say 6 barbs along with 5 clowns and my 3 starter fish]...

tia for any help...i'm keen to do this...but i want to get it right at the start... :)

aquafreak
10-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Both neon tetras and Tiger barbs ate suitable companion for young clown loaches.

96L is however to small to keep clown loaches in for more that a short period of time. You should get a larger aquarium as soon as possible.

regards

cybersymes
11-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Both neon tetras and Tiger barbs ate suitable companion for young clown loaches.

96L is however to small to keep clown loaches in for more that a short period of time. You should get a larger aquarium as soon as possible.

regards

chears dude...in your quote you say 'ate' i guess you mean 'are'... :)

as for the tank size...yep...itz too small...i've had to rethink...
sadly the clowns will have to wait...another time perhaps...
as for now...i'm after a shoal of red wag platies...
they'll get me into the swing of things...
get me used to the whole chemistry/bacteria deal... :)

aquafreak
11-02-2005, 04:52 AM
Yes, It should be are not ate, sorry ;-)

Wagtail platys sounds like a better idea.

cybersymes
11-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Yes, It should be are not ate, sorry ;-)

Wagtail platys sounds like a better idea.

cheers dude...gonna get a 120L tank...i hope...
thatz 26.4 galleons [uk] ...
still gonna stay with the platies in the meantime...
atb... s. :)