PDA

View Full Version : step by step planted tank

Glasstapper
11-08-2006, 04:34 PM
I found this and thought I would share. very informative. I'll definitely keep this bookmarked for when I get my 25 gallon.

http://www.vectrapoint.com/main/manual/manual.html

nfras
11-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Beautiful tank. Great article but I couldn't see most of the pictures which was disappointing. Have already bookmarked it. Thanks

Lady Hobbs
11-20-2006, 12:53 AM
I love the heavily planted tanks like that but how in heck do they get keep it clean!.

Glasstapper
11-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Good question, hobbs. I would imagine lots of algae eating critters and a daily scrape.

jeffs99dime
11-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I love the heavily planted tanks like that but how in heck do they get keep it clean!.

i wonder the same thing.

PaulasPets
11-21-2006, 09:29 AM
That's a great read, very informative!

Paula

turbomkt
11-23-2006, 05:26 AM

First...great link! If you want almost the exact same thing in hard copy get your hands on an ADA catalog. The beginning of the catalog goes through setting up all the different Nature Aquarium styles (Iwagumi, etc).

Second...these tanks do not stay up for long. They are there for maybe a couple of months before being taken down and re-scaped. How are they algae free? Lots of light, CO2 and ferts. In the case of ADA, the substrate (aquasoil) includes a fair amount of macro-nutrients that are released over time. Then there are the different "steps" of fertilizers based on the type of tank, etc. Finally, they are maintained meticulously on a daily basis. Plants are trimmed precisely and all debris is removed. Often times the tanks won't have any inhabitants except a few algae eaters except for the actual photo shoot.

ADA products are getting more visibility in the US. ADGshop.com (Jeff and Mike Senske's company) is about the best place to get the products stateside. Aqua Forest in the Bay area is the #2 place. These two folks are the main importers so far and they are working hard to get lfs' to carry ADA products.

nfras
12-05-2006, 02:16 AM
The site seems to have gone now. Domain Renewal page is there now. Damn, that was a great looking tank.