PDA

View Full Version : Coldfire here

Coldfire
11-08-2006, 05:47 AM
Hey, figure this is the best place to start. I currently only have one fish tank, a long 30 gallon though I used to run 3 at once, (a second 30 and a 10) which currently has one lonely marble sailfin plecostomus as it's only inhabitant as his companion, a 12 year old 9in. common goldfish passed away about a month ago.

Other previous fish have included many neon tetras, several zebra danios, a few tiger barbs, 5 other goldfish, 2 firemouth chichlids (sp.), a couple of julii corys, and several other unidentified fish that were inherited along with one of the tanks.

I am currently in the market for some new fish, I would like some color and I definately prefer non-aggressive. I have a few in mind but am also open to any of your suggestions!

Lady Hobbs
11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Hello and welcome to AC Community forums. I know you will love this site as it has nothing but good people here.

For a small community tank, I like platies, neons or cardinals and rasbora's. Makes for a lively, colorful tank. I try to get all male platies so there is none of that mating business going on. I have red-tail rasbora that sure are hardly guys. Had them 8 months now with no fatalities.

kimmers318
11-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I also like the look of different tetras in that size tank, large enough to have decent schools, small enough that they don't get lost. There are many pretty tetras, my golds are one of my favorites. The platies come in many color variations. Are there any fish you have been looking at?

Coldfire
11-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Well, for starters I need fish that will interact well with the sailfin pleco I have... I've had neons before and was thinking about picking some of those up or perhaps cardinals for a change...other than that I dunno maybe a few other kinds of tetras or some of the more peaceful barbs...I would like some color any favorites you'd like to suggest?

Thanks in advance
~Coldfire

Incredulous_Ed
11-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Welcome to AC