PDA

View Full Version : No more gourami's

Lady Hobbs
11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
I gave my remaining gold gourami's to my neighbor today and 3 of my 4 Moonlights. (5 inches) The only reason I still have one is because it come out of hiding finally and I realized I had forgotten one! He will probably go, too.

Just tried of all the chasing each other and preventing others from skoaling.

This lone one will be fine with the others gone but I have freed up 24 inches of fish in my aquarium and I think my Silver Dollars are smiling over it.

"If" I get another gourami, it will be a sparking or Pearl but not too crazy about any of them today.

Severus
11-08-2006, 04:54 AM
My blue became so passive after being with my Oscar, he just chills and doesnt bother anyone. I love his new temperment lol

Lady Hobbs
11-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Hey, you got an award! Congrats! It looks very nice right there next to your name. :)

kimmers318
11-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Sorry you didn't have much luck with gourami....I love mine. I have lost a few over time, but with no indication of illness in the tank I have no idea what may have happened, and although my sparklers didn't get the color I would like they are still cute as can be because they are curious.

Lady Hobbs
11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
My single one is doing fine. They were all beautiful...just a shimmering silver but what I do miss about them makes up for it when I see the others more relaxed and moving about again. I had no problem with my dwarfs other than they didn't live as long as they should have.

CJ1
11-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Gouramis a cool looking fish, but you see the problems that can happen. When ever I have any, I will keep just one at a time. Usually it'll be a pearl.

Lady Hobbs
11-11-2006, 02:04 PM
The pearl is still an open option for me. I do think they are the prettiest of all. My one remaining gourami has stayed nearly hidden in the plants since the others have gone. I can't believe he'd miss all that chasing and pushing he was subject to but it appears he was happiest when he was being bullied.

freshwaterfishlover
11-12-2006, 01:57 AM
I have 2 Giant Gouramis and 2 Peral Gouramis and they never fight. I also have in the tank 6 Swordtails and 4 Dianos. When I first put the Peral Gouramis in the tank the Dianos were bulliing the Perals in the tank, but it was only for the first day and then it stopped.