PDA

View Full Version : Another site for online fish purchases

Lady Hobbs
11-06-2006, 07:05 PM
http://www.azgardens.com/index.php

Sell all kinds of fish. They have a nice selection of cichlids and all other supplies. Based in AZ.

Severus
11-07-2006, 03:30 AM
nice find hobbs

jeffs99dime
11-07-2006, 08:53 AM
i'm hesitant about buying fish on the net. if i can't see them, i wouldn't want it. but a good find all the same.

Lady Hobbs
11-07-2006, 04:45 PM
I have not bought any online simply due to the fact you have to order enough to warrant the shipping rates. It's about $25-29 from nearly all of them. But they are quaranteed to arrive alive and with next morning delivery. I know of several who buy online simple because they can't find what they want at their local LPS and have been happy so far.

turbomkt
11-07-2006, 05:31 PM
I recommend care with azgardens.com. While some have had good results, others have not. My number one recommendation is to know all of the rules of the transaction such as shipping, arrival guarantee, etc.

Lady Hobbs
11-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Some have pretty exuberant shipping prices. Some charge by each box and others one set price no matter how many you get.

I have coolers and will probably travel to the next town and just get a bunch.

Severus
11-08-2006, 05:00 AM
Although i dont have any experience with liveaquaria.com i feel that if i was to order fish offline, it would be from them. I have heard nothing but good things and they seem reputable. Anyone else have any experiences + or - with them?

Lady Hobbs
11-08-2006, 12:23 PM
I believe they also have the Arrive Alive quarantee. If I were to buy fish online, it would be from someone that's in it and does it daily as a business. I would never buy from Ebay simply because it can be from fly-by-night you never hear from again and don't know their replacement policy.

turbomkt
11-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Don't forget about Aquabid.com.

kufan
11-10-2006, 09:49 PM
www.aquariumfish.net

I use this place for information on fish, but they also sell fish. I have found the website to be really helpful and very informative.

KU

Lady Hobbs
11-10-2006, 10:14 PM
I can't believe some of the sites you find when you thought you'd already found them all. My "favorites" are now about a mile long.

Ivana
11-13-2006, 04:24 AM
Have you checked to see if your LFS will order for you? Mine will order anything that you want, and it arrives the following Tuesday. They don't charge extra for it either- it's a bit cheaper actually, since all they really do is order the fish and don't have to house them. They charge me just a bit above wholesale.