PDA

View Full Version : Pleco acting weird?

GlitterFlame89
04-09-2008, 06:33 AM
I have a roughly 6" Pleco and this morning I noticed he seems to be acting a bit strange. He is swimming back and forth through the middle of the tank, and isn't sticking to anything which is very unlike him. He has seemed very restless all day. He doesn't look sick or anything in anyway, is just acting odd. Also, I have a pair of Gold Platys and since he has been acting weird they seem to be picking at him, something I have never ever seen them do. My levels are fine, I checked them. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Oh, and he has been doing this stationary swimming thing, where he will look like he is swimming, but not moving at all. Thanks so much for any help!

Mvjnz
04-09-2008, 06:47 AM
I've heard of a disease that makes the fish look like it's swimming while it's stationary, but I can't remember the name of it unfortunately...

Billythefish
04-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Sounds to me like your pleco dont want to touch anything!, maybe you have a unkown toxin in the tank?

colz
04-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Omg, that is exactly what my baby pleco was doing this morning, i have had him for two weeks and today i watched it swimming around the tank upside down for a while and then drifting with the current the pump was creating, i thought it was a bit strange as it looked like it was dead and then it moved its tail every so often.I watched it more and after 20 mins or so it was dead.

I am really gutted because he was my favorite one :|

Im now wondering if there is something in the tank causing this.