PDA

View Full Version : Clown Loach

chikistar
04-08-2008, 11:16 PM
hey guys nice to be back, well i have a question, can i put a small clown loach along with 3 corries in a 10 gallon tank? right now i have 3 corries in there, love them, the clown loach looks amazing too and i wanted to know if i can put him there? i dont plan on buying a larger tank, will he be happy in the 10 gallon?

Lady Hobbs
04-08-2008, 11:18 PM
No. Clowns are not fish that want to be alone. They need several of their own kind and are too large for a 10 gallon anyway.

chikistar
04-08-2008, 11:25 PM
so whats the minimum size for a clown loach? which fish would u recommand me to put with my 3 corries?

Lady Hobbs
04-08-2008, 11:29 PM
A 10 gallon would be all small fish. But you have to make sure your tank is cycling and can only do that with a test kit. The water gets very toxic in small tanks.

Clown loaches get up to a foot but it takes some time for that to happen. But they should be with 5 or 6 of their own regardless.

You might want to try some neons, white clouds or other small fish. Several of one of two kinds, not one or two of a lot of kinds.

PS.....Your post says glad to be back. Were you here before? I'm also moving your post to the proper thread.

chikistar
04-08-2008, 11:42 PM
i was reading posts before but never posted or registered, and my tank is cycled, i have a test kit and all is good, i have a question though, how does this guy here have 3 clown loaches AND neon tetras in a 10 gallon: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zFnJiqBCUg0

?

oh and my friend has neon tetras, i dont like them ,can u recommand me what the best setup would be for me? just to remind i have 3 albuno corys already, btw how many more corys can i put?

crackatinny
04-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Having them in there, and having them happy and healthy are 2 different things, get of to the right start in the 1st place:thumb:

Oh, and do a google picture search for a famous clown loach named Marge, that picture alone will answer your question, she is huge.

Lady Hobbs
04-08-2008, 11:56 PM
I agree with Crackatinny. People have Oscars in a 29 gallon, too, but it's not right. Something like us having to live in a closet. We can, but we'd hate it, right?

Clowns are small when purchased but before too long really need a bigger tank and lots of wood and hiding area's. I have 5 in my 55 gallon but know when they decide to do their big growing bit, they're need a 100 gallon +.

chikistar
04-08-2008, 11:59 PM
oh wow lol, she is huge. ok then i guess loaches are not for me, so like i said i have 3 sweet albino cory catfishes, now please help me so i dont make a mistake and buy some fish thats bad for me, what fish should i buy that will make my tank look really nice? btw how many more cories can i add to the tank? can i add 3 more panda corries or that will be too much corries?

crackatinny
04-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I suggest you start a thread in freshwater beginner titled something like "need help stocking a 10G" you will get more replies that way.

Lady Hobbs
04-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Try to get fish that will occupy the tank in layers. A bottom fish (the corys) a mid swimmer and your top swimmers.

chikistar
04-09-2008, 01:37 AM
what are some mid sweamer and some top swimmers?